Laura grew up in south Louisiana with the smell of butter and vanilla and toasted pecans filling her house at Christmastime. Her parents made thousands of pralines each season, as did her grandfather before them, to sell or give to family and friends. Laura married Davy, a fellow whose love of food and cooking was fueled by his grandmothers, and they continued the tradition. Now, they, along with their kids, cook up sweetness in historic downtown Jonesborough, TN, at Downtown Sweet.
- Authentic south Louisiana pralines. Small batches. Family recipe. Still made the way my grandaddy made them!
- We use real chocolate, which means it contains cocoa butter from the cacao bean rather than vegetable oils that cheap chocolates use.
- No soybean oil, so it's GMO free!
- Fair-Trade. Our milks & darks are fair trade. And we are working on sourcing a white chocolate. Chocolate is one of the crops most likely to use child slave labor and have poverty stricken workers. Fair-Trade helps prevent slave labor as well as pays fair wages to farm workers.
- Handmade in small batches. Rolled by hand the old-fashioned way.
- Handmade. Small batches.
- No artificial colorings (our sprinkles & icings are all natural color!) , sweeteners, flavorings, or additives of any sort.
- No preservatives. Made fresh.
- Made with lots of love.